PDA

View Full Version : Prozac

Jane~BH
04-15-2007, 02:01 PM
<span style='color:purple'>How do you rate them ?</span>

blondeandblack
04-15-2007, 06:51 PM
I feel weird sometimes letting others know how meds affect me, because they affect everyone differently.

That said....I give fluox a 4 out of 10.

I have also heard some say that while they're isn't supposed to be any difference between generic and brand-name, they can tell a difference between Prozac and Fluoxetine.

Now this might be a placebo-type effect, where the different name makes one expect something different. But I could almost swear Prozac made me way jumpier and increased my general anxiety overall. And fluox...I can just barely tell I take it.

dino
04-16-2007, 05:43 AM
DEAR JANE
AS BLONEANDBLACK HAS SAID DRUGS AFFECT DIFFERANT PEOPLE IN DIFFERANT WAYS ,I WAS ON PROZAC AND TRUTH ALL THEY DID WAS MAKE MY PANIC AND ANXIETY WORSE BUT IN ALL HONESTY I HAVE BEEN LIKE A HUMAN BLOODY GUINEA PIG IN THE SPACE O JUST 5 YEARS THEY HAD ME ON 15 YES 15 DIFFERANT POXY SSRIS FFS ,LOOKING BACK I WAS ALWAYS I THINK HOPING FOR THIS SO CALLED MIRACLE PILL WHICH JUST AINT THERE ,EITHER THAT OR I AM JUST A HOPLESS CASE :( :(
LIKE TO ADD THOUGH A FRIEND O MINE HAD PROZAC AND SAID IT WAS THE ONLY ONE THT GOT HER HER LIFE BACK SO WE ARE ALL DIFFERANT
LOVE DINO
XXXXXXX
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/XBabiLicious5687/94005930.jpgJUST NO FOR ME SORRY :(

Jane~BH
04-16-2007, 10:28 AM
<span style='color:purple'>I want the miricale pill also Dino :(

I was on prozac about 13yrs ago it worked well then . Over the years since i have been on a few diff ones .........to no avail.........now they put me bk on prozac but on a diff dose !!

Don't think they know what to give me next :( ...........I'm sooooo tired of it :(

Just tried to go in chat but couldn't see the screen through me tears :(

Life is soooooo sh*t atm :( </span>

Jane~BH
06-28-2007, 02:33 AM
<span style='color:purple'>I want the miricale pill also Dino :(

I was on prozac about 13yrs ago it worked well then . Over the years since i have been on a few diff ones .........to no avail.........now they put me bk on prozac but on a diff dose !!

Don't think* they know what to give me next* :( ...........I'm sooooo tired of it* :(

Just tried to go in chat but couldn't see the screen through me tears* :(

Life is soooooo sh*t atm* :( </span>

<span style='color:green'>I'm back here :( , it's awful !!!!................ oooooooooo dreams of a wonder drug !!!</span>

thelostone8206
06-28-2007, 03:26 AM
i was on prozac about 12 years ago, only about 4 months i never noticed any difference while on them, and noticed no difference when i stopped abruptly. except that i lost the baby they told me to stop for. my mother has taken then for years, and swears by them. so it is hard to say except if there is ANY chance you might be pregnant, stay away from them.

lost

brenbrit58
06-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Prozac evens me out i think, the effect is slow and takes weeks but this time i have noticed that i seem to be able to still loose my temper so i dont know if they are working, but i am afraid to stop taking them as i dont want to go back to the way i was. i still get nervous and afraid, i am still easy to scare over the stupidist thing. i am no longer really afraid of the phone ringing . but i dread what tomorrow might bring.
Hope this helps.
Brendaxx

Jane~BH
08-23-2007, 05:03 AM
I'm currently weaning of this drug ............. and feel like sh1t !!!! .

They are now gonna try me with escitroplam .................. i'm totally fed up of not being able to find the right drug that suits me :( !!!

CAJnCAT
08-23-2007, 09:08 AM
<span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='color:purple'>
Jane,

I'm so sorry that you are going thru a hard time right now hun.
I so wish there was a "miracle" drug for us, but all of us know that isn't the case.
Jane as Dino replied I also have taken so many meds over the last 19 years I doubt I could name them all. Also meds work differently for everyone. Zoloft seems to be the right one for me.
I googled Escitralopram. Here in the U.S. it's called Lexapro. I've also taken that one and worked really well for me for a few months, but I stopped taking it.
That's just me trying to be med free. But I have learned the hard way that I have to take meds...sigh
Jane wishing you all the best and I hope you get to feeling better soon sweetie.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a100/cajncat/thHugs011.gif
Connie
</span></span>

Jane~BH
08-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks Connie :)

08-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Hiyas Jane

I hope you do find the right one for you :)

My son was on Prozac and it made him worse to point that he was so so depressed he was suicidal they put him on it to over come the grief of losing his Papa, but it can supress depression but hes of it now he only weaned of over a few days and was fine..

Im on Citalopram and although ive been anxious of lately(Dr put dose up yesterday) on 25mg going up to 40mg its getting the right dose to suit went up to 30 and for some strange reason it made me feel awful so trying the 40, apart from the side affects of nausea and tiredness when i first started taking it(they onlt lasted a month or so) i feel fine on it, it really has helped me although anxiety has worsened due to things happening and having to up the dose it has been like a magic pill for me, may not suit everyone or yourself but give it a shot takes time to work and i built the dose up slowly over 4-6 months also but once your on the right dose see how it goes im managing to get out now although do take diazepam if needed if travelling but i think thats nore a safety net trying to only take half a diazepam now when going out but i can go to a shop now without dropping everything and running :)

Let me know how you get on with it shout me if you need to

Take care

Caroline xxxxx

Jane~BH
08-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks Caroline :)

I've taken my last fluxotine today ,and start my new ones tomorrow.
So here's hoping that 6 weeks down the line after the kicking in period they work !:)!

08-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Jane

Are you starting on a full dose? I started on a 1/4 of a tablet one day then to a half the next, then a half then a full, half full so on till i got up to 20mg, but also with doing it that way takesa a little longer to get into sytstem till your up to full dose and once on full dose takres another few weeks to really work.. Dr told me you get full benefit if youve been on it up to 6 months i did feel after about a month starting to feel less anxious, bit more confident but building it up was hard the waiting for it to work is the hardest but once it does if it works it does its job :)

Ignore any side affects mind as they will pass and if your like me youll be looking for side affects im the worlds worst been on it since last Oct and still say anything that happens its the Citalopram LOL..

Take Care hun

Caroline xxxxx

Jane~BH
08-24-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm starting on 10mg Caroline .

08-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Hiyas Hun

Re 10mg - if you do feel shitty on it then do as i done take a half one day then 10 the next, i only started on a 1/4 of 10 (2.5mg) then 5 the next day for a week then ent from 5 mg to 10 and 10 to 20 every other day i built it up slowly as i was frightened of side affects etc. But the side affects dont last long and thing is you may not have any at-all :) Im building up to 40 mg this week went from 25 over the week-end to 30 then 35 yesterday will take another 35 todoay then up to 40 tomorrow and although im going up slowly again i have the tiredness again but i can deal with that but my mood has changed already ;)

Mind it took a good few months for me to feel anything on these but once thier in your system if they work for you stick with the odd side affect nausea etc it will wear of.. How you feeling on them so far?

Luvvas

Caroline xxxxx

Jane~BH
08-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Hiyas Hun

Re 10mg - if you do feel shitty on it then do as i done take a half one day then 10 the next, i only started on a 1/4 of 10 (2.5mg) then 5 the next day for a week then ent from 5 mg to 10 and 10 to 20 every other day i built it up slowly as i was frightened of side affects etc. But the side affects dont last long and thing is you may not have any at-all* :) Im building up to 40 mg this week went from 25 over the week-end to 30 then 35 yesterday will take another 35 todoay then up to 40 tomorrow and although im going up slowly again i have the tiredness again but i can deal with that but my mood has changed already ;)

Mind it took a good few months for me to feel anything on these but once thier in your system if they work for you stick with the odd side affect nausea etc it will wear of.. How you feeling on them so far?

Luvvas

Caroline xxxxx

<span style='color:purple'>It's day 3 , my head is still alittle fuzzy and i find i need a nap in the day :), havn't had one today tho, so an early night it will be :)
I've been on that many diff ones that side effects become routine now :lol: , I just hope these are the ones for me :) </span>

08-27-2007, 03:04 PM
:) @ Ya

Sounds good taking them at night i started taking mine at night as i was so tired after id took them in the morning, but also i thought if i took them at night and i had side affects i would be sleeping so wouldnt know about them :-)

Keep us updated how its going

Caroline xxxxx

Jane~BH
09-02-2007, 01:17 AM
Day 9 and up to now i'm feeling 50% ok :)

skid
09-03-2007, 03:57 PM
hi jane just read your post.im taking those.stick with it!i had bad side effects like you fuzzy head etc,but it does clear.i started on 10mg gradually put it up to 20.its the best i felt in a long time.stick with it!!!!!!

Jane~BH
09-04-2007, 03:59 AM
Thanks Skid :)

Day 11 .............. i am gonna take my meds this evening to see if it's anybetter than in the morning :)

Jane~BH
09-07-2007, 12:28 PM
<span style='color:purple'>Day 14 ........... and i feel loads better :D , even been out and had my hair cut today :)
Hopefully taking my meds in the evening is the UP turn for me :D .

Thank you all for your messages of support .

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u113/Honey_brown_chick/6516318.gif for you all :) .</span>

Jane~BH
09-10-2007, 02:45 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMM i had therapy today , according to his records i should be on 20mg and not 10mg ..............havin a hard enough time getting on with 10mg never mind 20mg.

I have a meds reveiw next week , until then i am staying on 10mg !!!!

skid
09-10-2007, 05:36 PM
hi jane,just kike to know how you getting on with the meds?

skid
09-10-2007, 05:40 PM
hi jane.just read your latest post.glad to hear your doing good.well done for getting out. keep us informed.

dino
09-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Dear Jane
You stick to what you feel comfortable with ,glad to see they seem to be helping you a bit i know one of my friends said prozac was the only one that worked for her and was a lifesaver ,my fingers are crossed this is the one for ye to jane :)
love Dino
xxxxxxx
http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/488/488123o1sq9rtkcf.gif ('http://www.glitter-graphics.com')

^tank^
10-19-2007, 07:37 PM
I have been taking 20mgs of Prozac once a day now for awhile. I defiantly feel calmer and more relaxed, but most of all i worry less B).

jade
10-22-2007, 09:28 AM
I took them for 6 months last year and also a few years ago and both times they worked wonders for me and really pulled me out of serious depression and suicidalness. I was having panic attacks, was agoraphobic and had postnatal depression and after a week of taking them I could definately feel the difference. I am now on a different anti dep (clomipramine) as prozac didn't pull me out of the agoraphobia but only have good things to say of prozac, they have saved my life twice :)

vicky
11-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Hi,
I took prozac for a short while but found it gave me terrible sleep problems and irritation as i was tired all the time. I would give it 3 out of 10 for me but everyone deals differently to medication.
Luv Vicky xx

worrywort
11-13-2007, 12:35 AM
It didn't do anything for me at all... 0/10 But that's how some pills are; some work and some don't. Glad it works for you! =)

jade
11-14-2007, 12:38 PM
plus I lost weight on them hehe :)