PDA

View Full Version : headaches

adam
03-16-2007, 07:16 PM
does anyone get headaches that you can put down to your meds. but i mean very day that last for hours.but ive been on them for a few years new but its the only thing i can think of thats causeing them
adam

thugaveli
03-16-2007, 07:59 PM
does anyone get headaches that you can put down to your meds. but i mean very day that last for hours.but ive been on them for a few years new but its the only thing i can think of thats causeing them
adam

What meds are you currently taking?

I know when i first started on Amatriptyline i had really bad heads, at the back of my eyes it felt all compressed i thought my head was gonna explode, then i had sharp pulsing pains in the top of my head every so often

Seems to have worn off now but every now and again i get a bit of an headache, and feel like theres a weight on my head. Id put mine down to medication because i rarely get headaches unless i have a hangover or flu or something

Its kind of worrying i dont think anyone can reassure us of the long-term effects in using medication, and also everyone is different :unsure:

Id mention it to your GP and see what he / she suggests

petal
03-21-2007, 01:44 AM
Dear Adam :)

Welcome! I don't think I've welcomed you before.

Anything could be causing your headaches including muscle tension. I'd see your doctor if the headaches persist.

Let us know how you're getting on.

Wishing you all the best
Petal http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/tiere/animal-smiley-085.gif

retromamma
04-20-2007, 07:04 AM
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie, I just wanted to comment on the headaches. I used to have a real bad chronic migraine problem. I used to get migraine headaches from a lot of things. I had my first migraine headache when I was 4. I know it lasted a long time days my grandmother took me to a down home doc. he popped my neck, then I didn't have a headache for 10 years. Then when I got them back I was in pain for 5 out of 7 days a week. I enlisted in the army and I didn't get them the whole time I was in. Drawn out enough. Then when I started taking different medications for my problems, I got them all back. I ended up being in pain from the headaches to the point of banging my head on the sink because the moment of impact was the only time it didn't hurt. I was soon refered to a neurologist who gave me a catscan he said that he could see my man-dep on the ct this always puzzled me. He put me in a lab experiment of imitrex self ejections. I had to attend a seminar about migraines and thier causes. Medications are just one of the many causes. However, I learned a lot of info on the subject.

sorry so long