PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia,panic disorder,bipolar.....please help

Jennifer
02-24-2006, 07:30 PM
:unsure: Hello, I am a 24 year old female who is living her life in constant fear. I have a lot going on in mentally and physically. I am having a really hard time trying to get my life straightened out. I have been seeing a psych. doc. for about 4 or 5 years and he can not seem to find the right combo. of meds for me. I have also been going to therapy for about a year and it doesn't seem to be working. I guess this is going to take some time. I reciently had to quit my job working at the local hospital on the psych. ward. I had worked there for about 3 years and I had the time of my life. I love to help people, but it started getting to much when I could not even help myself. I slowly started getting more afraid to leave my house and then it just hit like a ton of bricks. Within about two weeks I was unable to leave my house. I have always had a problem with depression and anxiety, but not this bad. I was able to control it, but I am not able to control it anymore. It seems like everything that I have tried has not seemed to help, is there something else out there that I am not seeing??????

angie
02-25-2006, 04:59 AM
:) hello jennifer.
we all know how you feel. you're not alone.
welcome :D xxxx

jen
02-25-2006, 06:14 AM
I'm really v sorry to hear about your suffering Jennifer. Angie's right, -remember you are not alone. I know it can feel like it though. You're obviously trying so very hard to get better. You're extremely brave. My case sounds similar to yours -I'm 25, suffered 5 yrs. The difference is that I live with my parents and younger sister. You're amazing to be doing it living alone. I hope you have some sort of support network around you. If there's anything I can do, tell me. Remember you can find us in the chatroom or send us communial or personal messages. It's great for support and when you feel very isolated and alone. I've been treated for about 5 yrs with support and finding the right meds (which took ages like for so many!) by my G.P. He also referred me to a NHS mental health team. I see a psychiatric nurse and mental health worker. With them, I do a sort of councelling and C.B.T. (cognitive behavioural therapy). This has been instrumental in helping my recovery. It helps you to actually be concious of eg. negative/irrational thoughts that feed the condition, and try to gain control over them by rational alternatives. I expect it is like for most, a very slow process and so frustrating. The `light at the end of the tunnel' can be/seem miles away. Just hold on, and with each tiny step, you can get there. I hope this helps a little. Lots of love and positive thought to you. Jen.xxxxxxxxx :rolleyes:

DP
02-27-2006, 04:25 AM
Another agoraphobic here jennifer, so your not alone. Yes it does come on all of a sudden and you wonder whats hit you and your not like this normally. Its hard to cope with at times but you will get lots of support here, continue to see your doc cos they will sort you out eventually im sure.
Take care

rox
11-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi, im 25 and have 3 young kids, You are definatly not alone!! About 4 years ago i was living on my own with my 1yr old and just totaly out of now where i couldnt leave the house started having major panic attacks, depression. It all just hit me so hard, i didnt know how i got like that, i ended up getting worse and had to go and stay with my mum for about 3 months, i ended up just not being able to even get out of bed, just having a shower was a huge milestone. i just couldnt see the light at the end of the tunnell, it was black! scariest time of my life!! But what im trying to say is i did get better!!! There is a light, it just takes time. I ended up seeing a doc then a psyciatrist and a mental health nurse would come and see me once a week for about 3 months, i went on some anti-depressent medication, which i really didnt want to do, but i was out of options. And very slowly i got better. i never thought i would have a normal life again. it comes back ocationally, and it really freakes me out when it does cause its unexpected and im not prepared for it. try and be positive as hard as it is, it will get better!! be strong! every one is here for you x x
sorry i rambled on a bit hope it helped