PDA

View Full Version : Citolapram

03-14-2007, 04:12 AM
Would like to know of anyone else taking this medication and views on it :)

Thankyou

Caroline.x.

dino
03-14-2007, 10:27 AM
DEAR CAROLINE
I USED TO BE ON THEM HEAP O P**S IN MA OPINION ,MIGHT WORK FOR SOME BUT IN MA PERSONAL OPINION THE BLOODY DOCTORS ARE ALL TO READY HANDING OUT ALL THESE SSRI'S LIKE SMARTIES
WE ARE MERE GUINIEA PIGS ,NOW BEFORE EVERYONE READS THIS AND TELLS ME SHUT MA CAKEHOLE ,I AM NOT ALL ANTI DRUG BUT IF THERE WAS THAT SO CALLED MAGIC "PILL" FOR THIS ANXIETY AND PANIC HELL WHAT ARE WE ALL STILL DOING HERE IN THIS STATE ?

FAST AND EASY FOR GP'S TO GIVE YE A POXY PILL AND CHEAPER THAN THEM TO GIVE PEOPLE LIKE US REAL HELP SUCH AS PROPER COUNCELLING AND SUPPORT WE ALL SO DESPERATELY NEED
OK I WILL NOW SHUT MA GOB MY OPINION THAT IS ALL SORRY,BUT AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED ALL THERE PILLS THEY GAVE ME OVER THE LAST TEN YEARS MADE ME WORSE NO BETTER ,MAYBE IM JUST A HOPLESS CASE OR BEEN WRONGLY DIAGNOSED FFS http://bestsmileys.com/mooners/3.gifTO THE NHS
DINO
XXX
http://bestsmileys.com/signs15/18.gif

thugaveli
03-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Ive just been put back on them for the 3rd time, god knows why i guess their running out of ideas

I wouldnt bother with them tbh i dont feel any different being on them

Brian_depr
03-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Caroline,

I been on it, i dont like it. made me worse off then i was. IE: very bad thought's(wont say what kind)

sorry if my reply is not as exspected

your friend,
-Brian-

fudge
03-20-2007, 02:26 PM
I have just been prescibed them, and i am too scared to take them!!! im so scared of the side effects!! :( fudge x

willywispin
03-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Would like to know of anyone else taking this medication and views on it* :)
Thankyou

Caroline.x.

Hi carolineP, i have been on these for four weeks and was on fluoxetine before. i have been given these as the anxiety side effect is not as bad as the prozac, at the moment they are working for me , but i am also on inderal for palpitations, which is the worst problem i get with anxiety.

hope this helps!

love willywispin

Gord
03-21-2007, 03:40 AM
<span style='color:red'>Hiya, Caroline!</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Although I'm not a huge fan of any pills really, I think if you take them for what they are - a means of helping to lessen anxiety and depression, NOT cure either of them, and giving you a stronger base from which to work on your problems, preferably with the help of therapy or counselling - then, yes, Citalopram is a good one to take.

Dino, I entirely agree with you about doctors handing them out like Smarties! (Mmmmmmm, I love Smarties! LOL) The trouble comes, I feel, when they don't bother to make sure you get other help as well and they treat the pills as the solution which, as I say above, they most definitely are not, any more than a crutch is a cure for a broken leg. But they are an aid, first aid perhaps, on the road to recovery.

Fudge, I've been taking Citalopram for a smidgin over two years now and, apart from the very first one which I stupidly took on an empty stomach (and not having eaten for a couple of days - another story though! LOL), I have never had any noticeable side effects at all!

Brian, I am so sorry to hear they actually made you feel worse. This is, I know, one of a very rare possible side effect of SSRI's, but that indeed is the very reason you have to take them under a doctor's guidance, rather than buy them over the counter from a pharmacy.

Sometimes I feel also as though my pills are not having any real effect at all, but - boy oh boy! - if I stop taking them for just a day or so I am instantly reminded of just how bad I felt before starting them!!!

But, like I said, they are really only intended to help smooth out and "dampen" the feelings of anxiety and depression that we feel, not a "cure" at all.

Good luck to all, anyway!

Much love</span>

<span style='color:red'>Gord</span>
<span style='color:green'>xxxxx</span>

03-23-2007, 02:11 PM
(((((carlonline))))))

I was on the med i wish you all the best, it's me i am alerigic to the SSRI's

now, and had to be swiched to an MAIO, but all the best to you, on the med.

it did work ok for me, just in me i am alergic to those typs they found.

cheer

ugly
03-23-2007, 02:14 PM
That stuff worked great for me then just stopped :(

fudge
03-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Caroline x Well i been taking citalopram since thursday!! Very scared but i had to take it if i wanted to attempt to get better!!
so... how do i feel.. in a nut shell.. bloody awful!!!!!!!! I have more palpatations, my anxiety levels have gone through the roof, i am sleepy, dizzy, not hungry at all.. weighed myself and i have lost 3lb!! feel sick, and i cannot sleep at night!! i toss and turn all night! I woke in the middle of the night the other night and was totally convinced my 3yr old has a huge rash all over her body.. she didnt at all! BUT.... yes there is a but..... today is better, i wanted to give up yesterday, concluded i was better off dead, and didnt want to take them today!! Glad i did, well sort of, the side effects i have been having were less today! Im actually dressed today, and i have eaten a whole bowl of cereal, so im hoping tomorro will be better than today an so on!!
We r all different and meds effect us in different ways, my step mum took citalopram, had no side effects and felf much better after just 5 days!! she swears by it! Give it a go, i did, and i have a massive phobia of meds! Keep us updated!!! take care xx fudge xx

03-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Thankyou to All for your replys, much appreciated..

Fudge thankyou also, reason i asked re Citolapram/Cipramil is because i have been taking it since October, i started of a very small dose, i took 2mg one day then 5 mg the next, then 5-10 then 10-15 so on and now i am up to 30mg building it up slowly i had side affects also, tiredness - yawned constant, terrible nausea (did pass) Quite a few headaches, and in a way i had paranoia, but all those side affects did wear of.. I am now taking the 30mg and it is helping the panic attacks, becoming less and less panicky.. But.. I am tired and when i do sleep i have terrible dreams i suppose i could stick with the dreams as long as the panic attacks were un der control, but the less sleep i have the anxiety starts building up again Grrrrrrrr.. Fudge i wouldnt knock it as it has helped me so much i have been having a walk every day now that i would never have done this time last Oct, i still get anxious when i have to go out but more you do it the easier it does get, after having panic attacks/agoraphobia for 12 yrs i never thought i would ever see myself going for a walk or to Asda :-) So i suppose the side affects, ie bad dreams i am going to have to stick with or up dose again and take olanzapine along with the Cipramil, awaiting word on that the olanzapine will help the sleepless ness and bad dreams and also help me put on weight.. Some titties and booty LOL :-)

Let me know how you get on to fudge, and side affects are crap but try and stick with them, Cipramil can take a while to get into system and take any affect aswell i was waiting for that magic wand, took longer than i had expected..

Take care

Caroline.x.

fudge
03-26-2007, 03:11 PM
caroline x god ur story is alot like mine babe xx i started with 5 mg on thurs, 8mg fri, 10mg sat &sun, and today i did 12mg, need to work up to 20mg.
Today was ok, but i have had to put my 3yr old into emergency childcare for a week, as i finding it hard to look after anyone/thing other than myself!!!
So i took kids school, and childminder, and went back to bed.. till midday! :( i kno, not good, but i couldnt do anything, i just wanted to veg out, and just get through the day!
I just want to feel better, but it doesnt seem like its ever gonna happen!!! :( xxx

marcoborsatofan
03-26-2007, 04:48 PM
caroline x god ur story is alot like mine babe xx i started with 5 mg on thurs, 8mg fri, 10mg sat &sun, and today i did 12mg, need to work up to* 20mg.
Today was ok, but i have had to put my 3yr old into emergency childcare for a week, as i finding it hard to look after anyone/thing other than myself!!!
So i took kids school, and childminder, and went back to bed.. till midday! :( i kno, not good, but i couldnt do anything, i just wanted to veg out, and just get through the day!
I just want to feel better, but it doesnt seem like its ever gonna happen!!! :( xxx

How long have you been suffering anxiety/depression for Fudge. The reason I am asking is that a couple of years ago I was in the same boat as you. My youngest son was 2 years old then and I had to put him into full time nursery care. I just wanted to stay in bed all day as it was the only place I felt safe. Two years on and although he is still at nursery, it is only 4 afternoons a week. I don't go to bed during the day now although I may have a sneaky wee nap the odd afternoon. :) I still suffer partly from agoraphobia/anxiety etc but I can control it better. So what I am saying is that you will improve in time so try not to worry. :)

dino
03-27-2007, 09:17 AM
DEAR FUDGE
PLEASE PLEASE TRY NO TO BEAT YOURSELF UP ABOUT HAVING TO PUT YOUR THREE YEAR OLD IN EMERGENCY CHILDCARE,FORTUNATELY I HAVE MY HUSBAND HERE IF HE WASENT I KNOW THERES NO WAY ON THIS EARTH I COULD COPE LIKE YOURSELF FUDGE IM SO EXUASTED 24/7 PANICKING YOU NAME IT I HAVE IT ,JUST WANT YE TO KNOW YOUR NO ALONE AND HERES HOPING ONE DAY WE CAN ALL OVERCOME THIS HELL :(
FUDGE HUN THINKING OF YOU AND REMEMBER THIS IS AN ILLNESS ONLY SHIT PART BEING OTHERS DONT SEE IT AS IT IS INSIDE OF US RATHER THAN LIKE A BROKEN LEG
HOPE TO CATCH UP WITH YOU IN CHAT AGAIN SOON
LOVE DINO
XXXXXXX
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/pauld09/myspace-codes-comments-101.gif

dino
03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
DEAR MARCOBORSAFTAN
A HUGE WELCOME TO THE FORUM ,GREAT TO HAVE YOU HERE
NOT SURE IF YOUR THE SAME MARCO I MET IN CHAT LAST NIGHT OR NOT ,IF NOT MY APOLOGIES
LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YE MORE ASWELL AS ANY HELPUL TIPS ON HOW YOU HAVE MANAGED TO CONTROL YOUR AGORAPHOBIA AND ANXIETY
A BIT BETTER WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED
LOVE DINO
XXXXXXXX

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t22/mermaid6661954/snag7m-vi.gif

marcoborsatofan
04-02-2007, 03:55 PM
DEAR MARCOBORSAFTAN
A HUGE WELCOME TO THE FORUM ,GREAT TO HAVE YOU HERE
NOT SURE IF YOUR THE SAME MARCO I MET IN CHAT LAST NIGHT OR NOT ,IF NOT MY APOLOGIES
LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YE MORE ASWELL AS ANY HELPUL TIPS ON HOW YOU HAVE MANAGED TO CONTROL YOUR AGORAPHOBIA AND ANXIETY
A BIT BETTER WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED
LOVE DINO
XXXXXXXX
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t22/mermaid6661954/snag7m-vi.gif

Hi Dino

Yes I am one and the same person. Wanted to shorten this one too but do not know how. Anyway, I'm still agoraphobic to a degree and very anxious but the half inderal has controlled the panic attacks. My panic attacks tend to happen during the night now. I hate the dark it seems to make the panic worse so now sleep with the hall light on lol. Its only recently I have been able to get out for short spells. I cannot really say how I am managing to control the agoraphobia because there are times when I think that I am 'cured' because I have been able to go to Somerfield and other times I cannot walk to the other side of the street. However, I am doing a lot more than I was 3 years ago and I took my son to a park last Saturday :o so that was a big achievement. I would never do it on my own though but at least its a way forward at this point :) I am desperate to take him to Edinburgh Zoo or the Safari park but the motorway is a big issue with me but I am determined that I WILL try my hardest to do this this summer. Enjoying our recent chats Dino . many thanks

dino
04-04-2007, 07:32 AM
DEAR MARCO
LIKE YOURSELF I CANNA GET MY HEAD ROUND THE FACT THAT ONE DAY I CAN GO A COUPLE O MILES AWAY FROM HOME .LIKE YOU NEVER ALONE THOUGH AND THE NEXT DAY I CANT EVEN MAKE THE WASHING LINE
SORRY I NEVER REPLIED SOONER WAS IN BED ALL DAY YESTERDAY WITH MY AGONISING BLOODY CHEST PAIN WAITING FOR MY " NEXT " HEART ATTACK STILL SORE TODAY AND CONVINCED ITS LUNG CANCER FFS I SWEAR THE LOONIE BIN IS MA NEXT STOP
HERES HOPING YE MAKE IT TO EDINBURGH ZOO IN THE SUMMER IF YOU DONT TRY NOT TO BEAT YOURSELF UP OVER IT ,LIKE YOU AT THE START O ALL THIS PANIC ETC I PUSHED MY BODY WAY TO MUCH AND ENDED UP IN A FAR WORSE STATE SO TAKE THINGS ONLY AS YOU CAN DO THEM OK
OMG I SOUND LIKE A PYCHOLOGIST FFS LOL ,JUST TELL ME PISS OFF LOL
ENJOYED OUR CHAT THE OTHER NIGHT MANY THANKS MARCO GLAD TO KNOW YET AGAIN IM NO THE ONLY ONE
LOVE DINO
XXXXXXX
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u246/MagicalTerry/Christmas/Winter/Snowmen/Everyday/DianeG7E20bearhugs207E20hugs.gif

tribe
06-19-2007, 03:27 PM
i take this drug and i am on 60mg i was going ok on them ( for depresstion and anxiity ) but of late it hasnt been helping
i may need to go on something else

Ella x

06-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Ella

Just a little tip here maybe, i wasnt so good, had to reduce dose once it was reduced i felt great :-) Maybe see Dr mention this might be worth trying before changing drugs or maybe get something to go along with it know some ppl take olanzapine along with citalopram, let me know how things work out :-)

Take Care

Caroline.x.

zim
08-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Citalopram is rubbish, you're not anxious anymore, you don't have obsessive rituals anymore- yaaaaay let's become an apath and spend all our lives in bed!
I could not get out of bed for this trite excuse for an antidepressant. I took them for 2 months and everyday was a nightmare. OK, I wasn't suicidal anymore, that's only because I was too gormless and lazy to be. I feel a certain liberation now that I have come off them. I think that I would rather snort cayenne pepper then be MHA'd and put on citalopram again!

amadare
02-19-2010, 10:11 AM
I just started taking 10 mg of this stuff today, and I'm worried about what I just put in my body considering all of the negative reviews I've been reading about this anti-depressant...

The doctor prescribed these and hydroxyzine for my panic attacks (these are wonderful pills btw). She said that Celexa was "milder" considering my sensitivity to medication.

Now I'm scared because I am VERY sensitive to meds and I don't think I can take some of these side effects. I'd rather just have the depression.

Amanda1801
08-22-2010, 03:32 PM
I take citalopram, have taken it for coming up to 18 months now, no complaints at all. Took me a little while to jiggle the dose to suit me, but (along with therapy in its different forms), my depression is gone now.
Amanda

missy cupcake
07-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey everyone

I was on citralopram 40 mg for 5 months before feeling they were no longer helping so i was switched to fluoxetine which sadly made me worse and suicidal to the point of overdosing so am now back on citralopram but 60mg i do feel they work but it is as my dr says one of the first medications given to people with anxiety and or depression and can oftern not work

at first you get dizzy anxious and i find i eat alot more whilst on them too
)
been back on them for 3 weeks not sure if its the higer dose or not but feeling better the anxietys dropped as has my mild agrophobia :)

sweetlee213
08-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Oh NO! It's very disheartening to hear these reviews. My doctor just put me on Citolapram yesterday. She said it would take a few weeks for it to work. However the side effects popped up immediately. I only took half a pill yesterday. I was immediately nauseated all evening. Didn't throw up, but dry heaved because it got that bad. I was tired all evening and then the best part.....I couldn't fall asleep. When I did finally fall asleep it wasn't a deep sleep and I woke up at four in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep.

I immediately turned my laptop on to google this new medication and the reviews now have me very very nervous. I want so badly to get better and I'm desperate to stop this free floating anxiety attacks, but I'm starting a new job next week where I have to be up at six and taking care of a baby! I cannot feel this way for a 10 hour shift!

UGH! Now I remember why I hate these doctors! They did not warn me about all of these side effects. They just want to peddle the meds like drug dealers.

victorea
08-11-2011, 01:30 PM
my doctor prescribed me citolapram 10mg, been on them just about 2 weeks now, feel terrible constantly tired, feeling sick, headaches and bad stomach pains. im hoping they settle down like my doctor told me. my doctor was great gave me a leaflet on the drug and chatted about all the side effects, hopefully they start to work after the 2 weeks and hopefully start to feel better.

anxietyrelief
09-20-2011, 04:44 PM
I am new here since yesterday evening. I have been taking Citalopram for 4 years. I'm up to 30 mg. I think it helps my Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Many, many years ago, Prozac made me have really bad thoughts. I could not take Zoloft either. As has been said, everyone is different. I have come to realize that doctors have to find the right pill for each individual so I understand the trial and error and feeling like a guinea pig. After finding the right medication, a doctor has to adjust the dose as needed. For the past 6 months, I have been unemployed and secluding myself. My anxiety attacks have been a lot worse. My doctor put me on Propranolol and has helped my heart palipitations tremendously. Never had relief for that before. I take Seroquel 150 mg. for sleep and Xanax to go to sleep. There is no magic pill. That's true. Every couple of years, I seem to "crash" whereas the anxiety attacks come on rampantly. I am not able to function when this occurs. But I know that my doctor will keep on trying to get me back on track. Fudge, sounds like you need to try a different antidepressant. Dino, you sound quite angry and frustrated. I know the feelings, believe me. Ugly, sometimes the medications do stop working. Time to be on a different one. Gord, I relate to you in that I used to stop taking meds many, many years ago because I felt better. Then I realized how much the meds helped. Hope this helps some.

doreyfanger
10-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Well I am sorry I don't even know what they are. But, I am interested to find out. I am currently on Celexa but mainly because I can afford it without insurance. I have been on Cymbalta, Prozac, Paxil...you name it. The person that said they were losing weight made me open my eyes. I am not over weight but all the meds I have taken put weight on me so I would like to be on one that helps me but also doesn't make my weight go up. I am a full blown Agoraphobic so I unfortunatly don't get alot of activity as far as exercize...mainly because my meds make me lethargic and unmotivated. At least I feel peaceful but these pills are all just cover ups. I just went through a battery of hormonal tests because as it turns out I may be going through some serious fluctuations with estrogen and progesterine. They will make a special blend just for me in the form of a cream that goes on different parts of my body each time and absorb through the skin. I am hoping I will be able to come of the cover up meds and get to the route of the problem. My doctor out here in Texas has made huge strides with her patients going this route. I don't think it does much with some disabilities like bi-polar of some of the others but for depression, anxiety, PTSD and Agoraphobia I am hearing good things. Just a thought. Darbi

doreyfanger
10-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Another side note after reading fudge's note...it can take some people up to two weeks before they feel a difference in a new med and the side effects dissapate. Good point.

Tazzy10
10-04-2011, 08:09 PM
I was prescribed them for 6 months but had to stop taking them after 2 because the side effects were really bad. I found myself to be clenching and trembling a lot aswell as being sick. Everyone is different tho and u might react differently to them. I stopped taking them a week and a half ago (gradually over the space of a week) and for the last few days i keep getting random head rushes and feel really light-headed. I was also really adgitated for a few days and feel like im just easily annoyed the past few days also. Hopefully they will work out for you but it takes 4-6 weeks anyways for notable change xx

Ostara
10-16-2011, 05:04 AM
this is one of the newer anti depressents. my mam is on them coz she is only depressed and thats basically all they are good for. i have been on lots of that type and they are useless for anxiety, panics etc. i asked the dr to put me back on dosulepin (as they are now called) they knock you out and help loads with anxiety although when i start to panick i dont think anything works even vallium (but thats just me) blessed be Ostara

Ostara
10-16-2011, 05:11 AM
sorry PS the ssri blady what evers side effects are severe anxiety, heart thumping, seeing lights etc and tend to make anxiety problems much worse ie i felt suisidle and didnt take any meds for a long time thanks to them.