PDA

View Full Version : HELLO TO ALL

ELUSIVEJIM
03-12-2007, 05:30 AM
Hi everyone i hope you are all ok and coping with Agoraphobia today.
I am lucky in a way as my business and home are in the same town in the North East of Scotland so i do not need to travel to get to work as its a short walk for me which can be a struggle sometimes as well :blink:
I think my Agoraphobia started when i was at school as i just hated sitting in the school assembly hall and use to start getting panic attacks so in the end i landed up getting detention for hiding in the toilets and not going.
Its strange but i find a relationship helps with my feelings but in the other hand i am not ready to have one as i can not do alot in the way of going places which is a pain in the rear area <_<
I find drinking helps me be alot more confident which i am sure everyone does but the feelings i have the next day are not worth the few hours of happiness as the panic gets worse.
I am a Reiki master and i found when being treated it helps alot and makes you relax for a few days but you do need to have a treatment maybe every few weeks but i do recommend having a go at it as it does relax you and make you feel alive but it is not a cure for Agoraphobia it can just help with the feelings.
This was meant to be a little bit about myself but it is starting to turn into a novel so i will stop boring you now and conclude :D

Anyone want to talk about anything i have mentioned or just to say hello please do so as it would be lovely to hear from any of you

Take care

jenanne
03-12-2007, 07:26 AM
[quote=ELUSIVEJIM,Mar 12 2007, 10:30 AM]

hi jim im jen i also suffer from agoraphobia among other things i have had panic and anxiety for about 3yrs off and on but its back in full force now bringing with it agoaphobia ocd about cleaning and food and social phobia.

i live in scotland too in perth where i work but havent been working since dec 21

my life is completely different now i have a boyfriend but we do nothing like go out for dinner or a movie he must be fed up. i have a few safe places where i can go and chill

i have lovely car a mini and cant drive it

anyways thats me

jen

Stray
03-12-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm Stray. *wave*

dino
03-12-2007, 07:43 AM
DEAR ELUSIVEJIM
FIRST OFF A HUGE WELCOME TO THIS GREAT FORUM ,SECONDLY SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR PROBLEMS LIKE URSELF I ALSO SUFFER FROM AGORAPHOBIA WI THE ADDED BONUS OF PANIC AND ANXIETY EVERY DAY 24/7 IS A CONSTANT ORDEAL

I AM SHORTLY GOING TO BE TRYING CHINOSIS VIA WEB CAM WI STEVE THE HYPNOTIST WHO HAS JUST JOINED THIS SITE (GOD HELP THE POOR MAN LOL)

IM STILL NO VERY SURE HOW THIS IS GOING TO HELP ME AND I THINK IT MIGHT BE SORTO THE SAME THING AS REIKIhttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/ReikaTsuzuki/Oh%20my%20gods/reiki.gifLOL

ONLY REIKI I KNOW IS MASEL IM A COMPLETE AND UTTER WRECKI PMSL
GOT TO HAVE A SENSE O HUMOUR OR ID BE IN A STRAIT JACKET
HOPE TO MEET YE IN CHAT ONE NIGHT TOO JIM
LOVE DINO
XXXXXXX
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/medleyrose/welcome19.gif

ELUSIVEJIM
03-12-2007, 11:13 AM
hi jim im jen i also suffer from agoraphobia among other things i have had panic and anxiety for about 3yrs off and on but its back in full force now bringing with it agoaphobia ocd about cleaning and food and social phobia.

i live in scotland too in perth where i work but havent been working since dec 21
my life is completely different now i have a boyfriend but we do nothing like go out for dinner or a movie he must be fed up. i have a few safe places where i can go and chill

anyways thats me

jen

Hey Jen nice to meet you :)

Yer its not very pleasent suffering from Agoaphobia and the worst part is that you feel that no one else has it until you start talking to others who suffer.
My family are great but do not understand what it takes for me to travel but after watching a programme about this condition on channel 4 i think they now have a better idea of the problem.
I too LOVE driving and i sold my TT last Summer as it was sitting doing nothing as i could not take it out which was heartbreaking but i would give anything up to get rid of these feelings.

Anyway hope to speak with you soon :)

ELUSIVEJIM
03-12-2007, 11:14 AM

anyways thats me

jen

Hey Stray nice to meet you mate.

I have read some of your posts so i totally understand what you go through but i am sure we will all learn to control this someday.

Fingers crossed mate :D

ELUSIVEJIM
03-12-2007, 11:18 AM
DEAR ELUSIVEJIM
FIRST OFF A HUGE WELCOME TO THIS GREAT FORUM ,SECONDLY SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR PROBLEMS LIKE URSELF I ALSO SUFFER FROM AGORAPHOBIA WI THE ADDED BONUS OF PANIC AND ANXIETY EVERY DAY 24/7 IS A CONSTANT ORDEAL

I AM SHORTLY GOING TO BE TRYING CHINOSIS VIA WEB CAM WI STEVE THE HYPNOTIST WHO HAS JUST JOINED THIS SITE (GOD HELP THE POOR MAN LOL)

IM STILL NO VERY SURE HOW THIS IS GOING TO HELP ME AND I THINK IT MIGHT BE* SORTO THE SAME THING AS REIKIhttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/ReikaTsuzuki/Oh%20my%20gods/reiki.gifLOL

ONLY REIKI I KNOW IS MASEL IM A COMPLETE AND UTTER WRECKI PMSL
GOT TO HAVE A SENSE O HUMOUR OR ID BE IN A STRAIT JACKET
HOPE TO MEET YE IN CHAT ONE NIGHT TOO JIM
LOVE DINO
XXXXXXX
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/medleyrose/welcome19.gif

I am not on at nights alot but hopefully we can all chat if i am :)

Yer a sense of humour does help and everyone i meet and even friends have no idea that i am like this but i have now told my mates which took a good few years.

Its difficult to talk about it to someone who does not understand but hey........

Anyway nice to meet you and maybe see you online soon x