PDA

View Full Version : Bach Flower Remedies

Rich-Admin
02-13-2006, 03:33 PM
A list of Flower remedies and information below, on how to use them.

<span style='color:red'>Rock Rose</span>
Rock Rose addresses the feeling of terror and was the original Rescue Remedy. Rock Rose is for any set of c***umstances which seem to turn your world upside down, for any situation in which you feel so helpless and frightened that you lose all sight of any possibility that there could ever be a happy ending. It's a psychic state of emergency.

<span style='color:red'>Agrimony</span>
For those who hide their troubles from themselves and others, making light of inner difficulties and rarely burdening others with them. They avoid arguments and confrontations. They will avoid being alone, and may use alcohol, drugs, food, or work to escape their pain. Teaches honesty about feelings and the ability to express them.

<span style='color:red'>Centaury</span>
For those who always try to please others and find it difficult to say no to them, even when they are being exploited. Teaches the strength to follow one's own path in life.

<span style='color:red'>Wild Rose</span>
For resignation and apathy, for those who make no effort to find joy in their lives. Teaches enthusiasm and the ability to make life meaningful.

<span style='color:red'>Hornbeam</span>
For the feeling (often experienced upon waking) that one doesn't have the strength to get through the normal activities of the day. Teaches mental liveliness and alertness, an enthusiasm for life.

<span style='color:red'>Gentian</span>
For feelings of discouragement and doubt which may be caused by even small obstacles. The cause of depression is always known. Teaches confidence about the ability to overcome problems.

<span style='color:red'>Cerato</span>
For those who don't trust the wisdom of their own judgment and always need to ask the advice and opinions of others, even when such advice is misguided. Teaches one to trust in one's inner guidance.

<span style='color:red'>Larch</span>
For lack of self-confidence and the anticipation of failure. Often they make no attempt to succeed. Teaches self-confidence and the determination to take on challenges.

<span style='color:red'>Clematis</span>
For those who find their lives unhappy and withdraw into fantasy worlds. They are ungrounded and indifferent to the details of everyday life. Teaches one to establish a bridge between the physical world and the world of ideas; may foster great creativity.

<span style='color:red'>Pine</span>
For those who are never satisfied with themselves and blame themselves for not doing better. For people who suffer from guilt and will even blame themselves for others' mistakes. Teaches self-acceptance and the replacement of guilt with regret.

<span style='color:red'>White Chestnut</span>
For unwanted thoughts and worries which seem to endlessly recur and which can cause insomnia. Teaches a balanced state of mind and the ability to use one's thoughts constructively.

<span style='color:red'>Crab Apple</span>
For feelings of shame, uncleanliness, or a poor self-image. This remedy teaches acceptance of the body and the environment, and is also used as a physical cleanser.

<span style='color:red'>Cherry Plum</span>
For those who fear losing control of their thoughts and actions and doing things they know are bad for them or which they consider wrong. Teaches trust in one's spontaneous wisdom and the courage to follow one's path.

<span style='color:red'>Mustard</span>
For depression of unknown cause, a sudden gloom which descends upon one for no apparent reason. Teaches inner stability, cheerfulness, and serenity.

How to Use Bach Flower Remedies
by Anja Heij

Selecting the remedies.

Select the remedies through the classical interview technique. Find out in a clear and honest conversation:

what type the person is (for instance: easily frightened, or servile, or intolerant)
what his/her emotions and concerns are at this very moment (for instance: grief about a lost love).
If you choose the remedies for yourself, be honest and accepting towards yourself and ask yourself the above mentioned questions. The character and emotions of a person lead to the choice of remedies needed. It can be a single remedy, but most likely you need a combination. Do not select more than 6 or 7 remedies at the same time.

Of course it is also possible to select the remedies by use of your intuition, a pendulum or kiniesology, but these methods don't work better than an open conversation.

Sometimes it seems that you need many more than 6 or 7 remedies. In that case it is time to start with an "opener". Openers are:

- Holly, for the more expressive , active and emotional types

- Wild Oat, for the weaker, discouraged people.
In case a treatment does not sort the wished effect:

you need more time to get result (in many cases you get great effect in a month, but in deep-rooted problems already existing for years you may need a year or longer to solve the whole case)
you chose the wrong remedies
an old shock (perhaps already forgotten) may block the healing process. Give Star of Bethlehem, or add it to your prescription
try Holly or Wild Oat as an opener (see the above paragraph).
Do not worry to much about a wrong chosen remedy (apart from the fact that is does not improve the situation): it simply won't work, but it will never be harmful.

Preparing and taking the remedies

From the stock bottles you dilute four drops of each remedy that you need, or 8 drops in case you need the Rescue Remedy, into a 30 ml. dropper bottle (get it at your chemist's shop) and top it up with mineral water. (Officially the prescription is two drops of each remedy and 4 of the Rescue Remedy, but due to the large pollution on this planet many therapists nowadays advice to take 4 drops in stead of 2, and 8 of the Rescue Remedy since that is a composite remedy).

From this 30 ml. dropper bottle, take at least 4 drops 4 times a day. In case you feel you need more, simply take more. It is impossible to get an overdose. Take these drops in some water or any other liquid. If you are worried about the alcohol they contain (the remedies in the stock bottles are preserved in brandy), take your remedy in a boiling liquid, which will evaporate most of the alcohol.

It is also possible to put 4 drops of the needed remedy into a glass of water and take small sips of it during the day. If people have fainted or are in coma, sprinkle some of the remedy on their lips, inside their mouth, on their temples or their wrists. In case of serious skin-affections not only take the drops internally, but also put some of them in your bathing-water. Babies that are breast-fed do not have to take the remedies by themselves; their mother can take them for them and pass them on through the mother's milk.

Normally a 30 ml. dropper bottle will last for two or three weeks. If you keep it cool, preferably in the refrigerator, then the water will stay fresh during that time. But in case you do not keep the bottle cool - if you keep it in your pocket all the time, or if you live in a warm climate- then it is a good idea to add a teaspoon of brandy, or some cider vinegar, or apple vinegar (for children) to stop the water from going off.

Just for humans?

No, also animals and plants can highly benefit from the Bach Remedies.

Animals:

Choose the remedies according to their character and emotions, as you would do for human beings. Add the remedy in their drinking water, 2 drops a day for a small animals, . 4 drops for a cat or little dog, 6 drops a day for a big dog or a horse. The Rescue Remedy for instance will help a lot of pets to get accustomed to their new home.

Plants:

give Rescue Remedy after transplanting
use Crab Apple if the plants are suffering from vermin or a disease
think of Olive if the plants are weak, or after heavy weather-conditions.

beverley
08-11-2006, 10:08 AM
just read article really interesting i mean years ago they didnt have modern medicine did they iam going to look into it for definite also going to look into my diet its pretty rubbish to be honest
i also found when i gave up smoking[back on it now i know what a wally]
i did feel a lot calmer not so tired loads more energy c i know what i need to do to help myself to a cleaner life-style just got to put it into practise
right off to browse web for right sort of diet for me
thanks for this
bev
xxxx

sorrel
09-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I use Cherry Plum. and it really seems to help me, because I have a major fear of losing control when I have a panic attack, which for me are usually also dissociative flashbacks....